The Labour Market Chamber considers all proposed labour legislation relating to the labour market policy before it is introduced in Parliament. The Labour Market Chamber seeks to reach consensus and make arrangements for placing before the Executive Council on all matters pertaining to the world of work and the associated institutions of delivery.
Most of the substantive work of the Chamber is done in Task Teams comprising of representatives of stakeholders that have specific knowledge of the relevant subject matter. The work of the Task Team is governed by Terms of Reference, which are developed by the Chamber. The outcome of work done in the Task Teams is submitted to the Chamber for consideration and ratification. Once the Task Team report is signed off by the Chamber, it is then tabled at the Management Committee for final consideration and sign off.
Chamber Convenors and Secretariat
Business Convenor – Kaizer Moyane
Government Convenor – Thembinkosi Mkalipi
Labour Convenor – Mduduzi Mbongwe
Chamber Coordinator – Tsholofelo Lelaka
Tel: 087 7022 457 | E-mail: email@example.com
Issues currently on the agenda of the Chamber: Must be updated
- Bargaining Councils Demarcation disputes/ applications
- Decent Work Country Programme: Implementation
- Policy on appointment of Insolvency Practitioners
- Labour Market Policy Review
- Merchant Shipping Act
- Monitoring Labour Market Institutional Trends
Recently finalised items of the Chamber: Must be updated
- Decent Work Country Programme
- Social Plan Review
- Municipal Systems Amendment Bill
- EPWP Code of Good Practice
- Superior Courts Bill
- HIV/Aids and the world of work: Code of Good Practice
To access archived documents of the Chamber please click here.