Scope of Work
Section 77 of the Labour Relations Act seeks to protect protest action to promote or defend socio-economic interests of workers after giving disputing parties an opportunity to find a resolution through a NEDLAC process.
A Nedlac Standing Committee exists to oversee this process made up of social partners from Business, Community, Government and Labour.
Applications currently under consideration:
- (COSATU): On Violent crimes in the Western Cape
- (SAFTU): On the defence and promotion of Socio Economic Interests of workers and Working Class in General
Applications that have been concluded:
- (AMCU) : Continuous escalation of accidents in the mining sector
- (COSATU) : State of public transport in the Western Cape
- (COSATU): Against the construction of De Beers Bypass in Free State.
- (NUM):Termination of recognition agreement by Sibanye Gold
- (NUMSA): Closure of coal-fired power stations by Eskom
- (COSATU, FEDUSA and NACTU): Full Capacity on Public Transport and related matters
- (COSATU): On Economic Crisis